Good morning, everyone! We’ve officially reached the final day of May, which means that it’s time for another Beat the Backlist update!
In last month’s Beat the Backlist update, I mentioned that my goal for the month of May was to get at least one bingo on my bingo board. Not only did I manage to meet my goal for this month, but I am currently very close to getting two additional bingos!
This month, I focused the majority of my attention on reading books that have been sitting on my bookshelves for quite a while without being read. I ended up reading a lot of young adult books this month, many of which were part of trilogies or longer series.
Here are the prompts I completed during the month of May:
- Chapter title page has art:
- Siege and Storm (Leigh Bardugo)
- Caused a major book hangover:
- Ruin and Rising (Leigh Bardugo)
- Minor Mage (T. Kingfisher)
- Dragons OR lizards:
- Dealing with Dragons (Patricia C. Wrede)
- Snake on the cover:
- Searching for Dragons (Patricia C. Wrede)
- Quest to find lost/hidden object:
- Calling on Dragons (Patricia C. Wrede)
- Book where the woods/forest are important:
- Talking to Dragons (Patricia C. Wrede)
- Picked by a friend/trusted reviewer:
- Horrorstör (Grady Hendrix)
While I have not yet had the opportunity to post reviews of any of these books, I will be posting them here on The Unapologetic Bookworm throughout the month of June (and the beginning of July).
Overall, I am feeling great about this month’s Beat the Backlist progress! As of today, I have officially completed 67% of my bingo board (a total of 36 squares, including the free space).
Here is a look at my current progress on this year’s bingo board…
With only 17 reading prompts remaining, I’m feeling pretty confident about my ability to complete this reading challenge by the end of 2021. My goal for the month of June is to complete three more Beat the Backlist prompts, and get one additional bingo. Do you think I’ll be able to meet this goal? Please feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below.
My next Beat the Backlist update will be posted on Wednesday, June 30th. In the meantime, I hope you’ll visit The Unapologetic Bookworm frequently over the coming month for book reviews and other new content.
Have a wonderful week!