Good morning, everyone! I know it’s only Monday, but I hope that you are having a great week so far.
Over the past couple of months, I’ve been doing a lot of soul searching, thinking about my priorities and the things I want to accomplish, both personally and professionally. While I don’t have everything figured out just yet, I’ve come to the conclusion that I need to make some changes in my life…some of which will have an effect on The Unapologetic Bookworm.
Here are some of the changes you can expect to see here on The Unapologetic Bookworm during the month of June:
- Removing Our Shop: Toward the beginning of the year, I decided to add a shop to The Unapologetic Bookworm. But while the store has been visible for the past several months, it has not been open for business. After several months of trying (and failing) to understand all of the tax and shipping options here on WordPress, I’ve decided to remove the shop from the website and look into some other online retail options. I hope to have more information for you all (and a web address to visit) at a later date.
- A New Look: While creating the soon-to-be-gone shop, I found myself having to make some changes to the layout of the website that I haven’t been entirely happy with. As we enter the month of June, I will be altering the look of The Unapologetic Bookworm once again to something more visually appealing.
- Leaving Social Media: Earlier this year, I came to the conclusion that I’ve been spending too much time on social media, and decided to take some time away from it. Taking time away from Twitter and Instagram was really helpful for me, because I no longer feel the compulsive need to be checking for updates throughout the day. So, at the beginning of June, both of these accounts will be going away. (I am planning to continue using Facebook, but only to maintain contact with close friends and family members.)
- Fewer Blog Posts: While I love writing book reviews for The Unapologetic Bookworm, I really want (and need) to be spending more time working on my own creative writing projects.
- Beginning in June, I will be limiting myself to posting twice a week. I am currently planning to post a book review every Wednesday, with a POPSUGAR Reading Challenge update each Saturday (just like normal).
- I will be continuing to post Beat the Backlist reviews on the final day of each month as well.
It’s my hope that these changes will give me some additional time each week to focus on writing my own novels, while allowing me to find a work/life balance that works better for me.
Thank you all for your continued support!