Good morning, everyone! I hope that you are having a fantastic weekend so far, and that you are continuing to stay healthy!
It’s been a pretty challenging week for me, as my allergies have been out of control. Benadryl is about the only allergy medication that actually gives me any symptom relief, but it makes me ridiculously tired, so I’ve been doing a ton of napping. From an “I love sleep” perspective, that’s not a problem, but my naps have severely cut into my reading and writing time this week.
In last week’s POPSUGAR Reading Challenge update, I announced that my reading goal for the month of July would be to finish four of my five remaining Reading Challenge prompts. I am currently in the middle of the first book I have chosen, Frank Herbert’s Dune, so I don’t have a book review to share with you all today.
Instead, I thought I would give you a sneak peak of what I am planning to read for my final five prompts:
- A book recommended by your favorite blog, vlog, podcast, or online book club — I am currently reading Dune, by Frank Herbert, for this prompt.
- A book by a woman of color — I will be reading Lilith’s Brood, by Octavia E. Butler. This book includes all three books in Butler’s Xenogenesis Trilogy: Dawn, Adulthood Rites, and Imago.
- A medical thriller — For this prompt, I will be reading Contagion, by Erin Bowman.
- A book set in a country beginning with “C” — I am currently planning to re-read the Fushigi Yûgi manga series, by Yû Watase.
- Read a banned book during Banned Books Week — I will be waiting until September to complete this prompt, but I plan to read Reading Lolita in Tehran, by Azar Nafisi.
During the upcoming week, The Unapologetic Bookworm will be focusing on a couple of unique manga series, as well as talking about building a classroom library. Next Saturday’s POPSUGAR Reading Challenge update will also include a special announcement, so I hope you’ll visit frequently throughout the week.
Have a great weekend, everyone!